For my Mother

Sunday, May 11, 2014

I am one of four. Children that is. And when I sit back and reminisce, as far back as I can remember it was always one, or two, or all of us off on some fine adventure. She stayed back - armed and ready with band aids, peroxide and guaze - we were an active bunch. God help the other kids who may have been at fault for our bumps and bruises ;). She was our protector. 

These days, she's armed with wine, some sort of perfectly seasoned or baked complex carbohydrate and words of wisdom to mend our nowadays less physical, more emotional, wounds that we innately run to her with. She's still our protector. Now, we listen. Now, after losing our not uncommon battles of defiance (sorry mom), we trust and appreciate the mysteriously magical motherly wisdom that gets us through our binds.
All that I am and ever hope to be I owe to you. 

Thank you for sacrificing so many of your own adventures so I could go in search of my own. I am truly grateful. Happy day to you Mama Jo. Love you "big and high". 

With the truest love and most sincere gratitude, 

J.  

No comments:

Post a Comment