Eggs of Kindness

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Sunday. Normally I'd be joining you all in posting beautiful photos of creatively painted eggs, family dinners, baskets of chocolate, and all things representing a cool yet comfortably warm Spring Sunday. But like I mentioned in a previous post, a few months ago I decided to take a step forward in my career and accepted a job that requires me to travel every second week for work. So for the first time, I’m spending the holiday alone. Before you stop reading...I promise this isn't a “woe is me” post. Keep reading!

After spending 12 hours at my computer attempting to balance our projected monthly budget with our actuals, woe is—just kidding—I found my way back to my suite to find that the Housekeeping staff had hidden chocolate Easter eggs in all the nooks and crannies of my room! I think I’ve found them all...21 thoughtfully hidden little eggs!

After my personalized home-away-from-home Easter Egg Hunt and a few giggles at the seemingly endless supply of chocolate, I got to thinking about tradition and the level of comfort and happiness that chocolate wrapped in colored aluminum brings us every year around this time. I thought about all the photos scattered throughout my social media outlets today in which my family and friends gravitated towards their friends and families on this beautiful Sunday. And even though I wasn't necessarily a part of it, I found huge comfort in the sense of togetherness that I saw. Tomorrow Monday will come as it always does. Stay connected-- share your chocolate with a stranger. I dare you.

This post is dedicated to the thoughtful stranger who took the time out of his or her day to help cure the inevitable homesickness of a person away from home over the holidays.
Stop counting, I ate one before I snapped this photo ;)

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously. But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured.” 
- Kurt Vonnegut

1 comment:

  1. Happy Easter little J. Cant wait for the next post! #loveyourwords

    ReplyDelete