Lessons & Contentment

Thursday, June 13, 2013

I've learned two very valuable life lessons this past week. The first was this: the best thing you can do when it's raining... is to let it rain. Some things I simply cannot control. Although it seems like a rather obvious concept.. it still admittedly took me ~25 years to fully grasp. Oh well.

It rained nonstop for 7 days in Northern Alberta this past week. I realized I could never live anywhere that gets that much rain. Arriving back home yesterday after a very long work week, and an equally long commute back to Calgary that involved a helicopter ride, and a prop plane ride through a Tornado in Edmonton, I was beyond thrilled to plant my feet on YYC soil. I got lost in the sunshine I'd been craving all week.

The second lesson I learned this week- one that I'm ever digesting- is to be content with what I have. In moments that I realize there's nothing essential lacking in my life I am overwhelmed with gratitude and contentment. Health, family, food, water, love (the pisces in me wants to list music). Five (six) check marks.

There's nothing quite like the feeling of going to bed utterly exhausted, knowing you've done good work, and waking up the next morning feeling like you're still dreaming- completely content.


Happy ordinary Thursday. 
As always, with love.

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment