Size 8 Font Love

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Earlier this evening, over a ridiculously large piece of cheesecake and a few similar sized lattes, one of my best friends shook my world to the ground with a nonchalant comment she made about love...

"I have this very quiet, very patient, size 8 font love for him."

she whispered through her fantastically contagious smile. It was a smile so uncontrollably addicting-- the type of addiction that can only be understood when described in reference to new love-- that I myself couldn't help but smile.  I still can't seem to keep that all too familar goofy smile from taking up residence on my face.

With one descriptive sentence she rekindled my love of love (and love of language) and lit a small, very warm fire in my heart. Perhaps it was a combination of her brilliant wording and that smile that got to me... But of all of our human qualities, to be graceful in love is absolutely the most underrated! I am continuously mesmerized and inspired by all shapes, sizes, and fonts of love. 


For BM.
I love the way you love. 

J. 

No comments:

Post a Comment